Welcome to the Participant Guide for Vancouver Startup Week 2017!
This Guide was created to help you get the most out of your Vancouver Startup Week experience. Bookmark this page, you’ll come back to it often!
1. Register for Your Sessions
2. Pick Up Your VSW2017 Access Pass
3. Featured Events
4. Power of the Schedule
5. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED
6. Community Crawl: Bring Your Friends
7. Brush up on BCTECH Strategy
Our action-packed Schedule is online! Please bookmark your sessions in advance, so that our amazing Event Partners know how many people to expect. And remember, all passholders can register events prior to VSW2017, but all events are first-come, first-served 5 minutes prior to the event if there is a waitlist. You need to purchase your VSW2017 Access Pass before registering for your sessions. Go ahead and register now! Eventbrite email will send you a link after purchase to access the schedule. Once you’re logged into Sched, there’s a handy how-to guide called “Agenda Builder”. It will walk you through how to pick your sessions.
Be sure to get your VSW2017 Access Pass. It’s the only way to get in to the events! Come and find us to pickup your pass after you register. It will be available 24 hours after you register. In the meantime, get into events with your Eventbrite QR code.
Pass pickup locations and schedules will be posted in early September.
Many of our events are “Featured Events”: highly recommended, high capacity, and high impact events that involve our key Event Partners and Sponsors.
All Featured Events are accessible using the VSW2017 Access Pass. If you’re only going to hit up a few sessions during Vancouver Startup Week 2017, come to these!
Hover over the “Schedule” drop-down on our Schedule page to see the many options for viewing all Vancouver Startup Week events:
• Simple: default setting, with event titles only
• Expanded: all the details for each of our 60+ official events!
• Grid: in day-by-day calendar format
• By Venue: just like it says
• Map: choose your sessions based on proximity
New in 2017, all Vancouver Startup Week events will fill up on a first-come, first-served basis. We are going to fit as many people in as possible at each event, but keep that personalized schedule handy and arrive early to grab seats! Please do register for sessions so our partners know how many people to expect.
On Thursday, September 29, our #VSW2017 Community Crawl has nearly all stops open to the public — even if they are not VSW pass holders! Invite your friends along to explore Vancouver’s tech ecosystem on this action-packed evening.
We are proud to be aligned with the BC Tech Strategy pillars — check out our provincial priorities:
• Capital: Vancouver Startup Week attracts investors from around the world and helps founders and innovators connect with funding sources. We have arranged special events aimed at enhancing these crucial relationships to help Vancouver-based startups access needed capital.
• Talent: Vancouver Startup Week works with event partners to offer numerous educational sessions on HR & people issues, while our startup-company-focused Vancouver Startup Week Recruitment Fair returns for a second year, after attracting more than 500+ people in 2016.
• Markets: Our participants, speakers, organizations, and volunteers hail from around the globe, and we actively play a role in coordinating opportunities for Vancouver emerging companies to build new relationships.
If you have any questions, please reach our Delegate Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be happy to help! Please reach us at email@example.com.