Welcome to the Participant Guide for Vancouver Startup Week 2016!
This Guide was created to help you get the most out of your Vancouver Startup Week experience. Bookmark this page, you’ll come back to it often!
1. Register for Your Sessions
2. Pick Up Your VSW2016 Access Pass
3. Featured Events
4. Power of the Schedule
5. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED
6. Community Crawl: Bring Your Friends
7. Brush up on BCTECH Strategy
Our action-packed Schedule is online! Please bookmark your sessions in advance, so that our amazing Event Partners know how many people to expect. And remember: all events are first-come, first-served.
You do not need to pick up your VSW2016 Access Pass before registering for your sessions. Go ahead and register now!
Recently, you should have received an email with the subject: “We added you to the Directory for Vancouver Startup Week“. Follow the link in that email to get set up in our schedule and select which sessions you want to attend.
If you didn’t get the email, never fear! Simply go to our Schedule page and select “Sign Up” just below the “Schedule” drop-down. Please be sure to use the same email address you used to register for your Vancouver Startup Week pass.
Once you’re logged into Sched, there’s a handy how-to guide called “Agenda Builder”. It will walk you through how to pick your sessions.
Be sure to get your VSW2016 Access Pass. It’s the only way to get in to the events! It will be available 24 hours after you register. In the meantime, get into events with your Picatic email confirmation
Wednesday, Sept 21 & Thursday Sept 22
12:00 PM to 5:00 PM — The Profile, 375 Water St., 2nd Floor (VSW HQ)
Mon, Sept 26
10:00 AM to 2:00 PM — The Profile, 375 Water St., 2nd Floor (VSW HQ)
2:30 PM to 4:30 PM — (The Law Courts Inn, 800 Smithe St., 4th Floor) (Featured Event)
5:00 PM to 9:30 PM — VENUE, 881 Granville St. (Featured Event)
Thur, Sept 29
11:00 AM to 2:30 PM — (Location TBD!) (Featured Event)
3:30 PM to 5:30 PM — BLG, 200 Burrard St., 12th Floor (Featured Event)
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM — Portside Pub, 7 Alexander St. (Featured Event)
Many of our events are “Featured Events”: highly recommended, high capacity, and high impact events that involve our key Event Partners and Sponsors.
All Featured Events are accessible using the VSW2016 Access Pass. If you’re only going to hit up a few sessions during Vancouver Startup Week 2016, come to these!
Hover over the “Schedule” drop-down on our Schedule page to see the many options for viewing all Vancouver Startup Week events:
• Simple: default setting, with event titles only
• Expanded: all the details for each of our 60+ official events!
• Grid: in day-by-day calendar format
• By Venue: just like it says
• Map: choose your sessions based on proximity
New in 2016, all Vancouver Startup Week events will fill up on a first-come, first-served basis.
We are going to fit as many people in as possible at each event, but keep that personalized schedule handy and arrive early to grab seats! Please do register for sessions so our partners know how many people to expect.
On Thursday, September 29, our #VSW2016 Community Crawl has nearly all stops open to the public — even if they are not VSW pass holders!
Invite your friends along to explore Vancouver’s tech ecosystem on this action-packed evening. Huge thanks to our Community Crawl sponsors at BLG — be sure to stop by their Official Community Crawl Kickoff Event (open to VSW pass holders only).
We are proud to be aligned with the BC Tech Strategy pillars — check out our provincial priorities:
• Capital: Vancouver Startup Week attracts investors from around the world and helps founders and innovators connect with funding sources. We have arranged special events aimed at enhancing these crucial relationships to help Vancouver-based startups access needed capital.
• Talent: Vancouver Startup Week works with event partners to offer numerous educational sessions on HR & people issues, while our startup-company-focused Vancouver Startup Week Recruitment Fair returns for a second year, after attracting more than 400 people in 2015.
• Markets: Our 2016 theme is “Connecting Vancouver to the World”. Our participants, speakers, organizations, and volunteers hail from around the globe, and we actively play a role in coordinating opportunities for Vancouver emerging companies to build new relationships.
If you have any questions, please reach our Delegate Relations team at email@example.com.
We would be happy to help! Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.